Saturday 2 October 2010

BBC Bitesize

BBC bitesize is a revision tool which is used by thousands of students over the UK studying for exams like GCSE's, KS2, KS3 and the Scottish standard grades.





It is extremely easy to use and find a topic you need extra help with or a topic you want to be tested on. For example if i needed help with GCSE ICT, I would click GCSE bitesize, select the subject, select the topic and choose something to be tested on or to revise.

You can complete tests on this website and it will be marked for you showing you your progress on a particular section.



Bitesize also offers a radio selection so if you find it easier to revise with music playing in the background there is this option.



Also, if you dont like reading pages and pages of information from books or the internet you can listen to audio which you are able to download onto an ipod or mp3 and listen to the information you need to know before your exam.


Another feature of Bitesize is the activity section. You can be taught the information you should have been taught in class. This is especially good if there are certain things which were unclear at the time. A different explanation may make something clearer.



There are also message boards on the site where you can discuss a certain topic with students learning the same thinsg you are or for someone to get help or even help others.

You pick the subject you want to discuss
Find a topic
Reply to someone elses comment

Also you can post your own comment to ask a question but you would need to register and sign in to do this

There are rules on bitesize to stop inappropriate comments being made.Also you have to be of a certain age to post comments.


Interview with user of Bitesize


What subjects do you use bbc bitesize for?
At the moment I am studying for my GCSE's. It is extremely helpful for subjects such as ICT, history and religious studies. My favourite section though is the English Literature section.
It has really helped me to understand the novel i have been set. I disliked the book at first but now with help for bitesize i have gained a greater understanding of the novel and I have now begun to enjoy writing about and readind the novel.


What is your favourite feature of bbc bitesize?
I love the games! You can learn everything you need to know by using them but while having fun at the same time. Also the tests are extremely useful as i can see my progress and pick up where i need to revise more.


What don't you like about the site?
I dont like the fact there isn't an a level section. I would have found that extremely useful next year.


Do you use the tests activity or revise sections more?
I use all of them. I revise, do the activity and then do the test.


Have you ever used the message board?
Once, yes. I saw a girl post a comment about the advantages and disadvantages of using a network. As i study ICT I could help her.


Have you ever downloaded the audio clips?
The language ones. I study french and by listening to accents and pronuctation of words my grades have improved dramatically!

No comments:

Post a Comment